On The Mic Training is doing everything we can to make sure students are safe in our space and we have added the following protocols to protect students, staff, and instructors.
- Your engineer will be checking your temperature at the front door using a contactless fever monitor before entering every class. If you do have even a slightly elevated temperature, we would ask that you return home and we will integrate you into the class via ZOOM – we promise you will not miss out! And for some reason, if you have traveled far, then we will make special arrangements for you.
- There will be 2 HEPA filters (that remove up to 99.97% of micro particles) in Studio A, one that will operate all the time in the control room, and the other in the booth that will be on before class, on breaks, and then after class, again these filters will be monitored by the engineer. The engineers will also be cleaning and sanitizing the board, the tables, the music stands, the pop filters, and the headphones before and after class.
- As of November 2020 we’ve added an industrial grade ionizer to our HVAC system which helps kill 99.9% of airborne particulate.
- Use hand sanitizer immediately upon entry into the space
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands on breaks
- We do not require students to wear a mask on school premises but students, engineers, instructors are still welcome to wear one if they feel more comfortable.
- If an instructor requests that attendees of their class where a mask, this needs to be respected since our instructors may be working on set before or after teaching in person or have family members at home that are immune compromised.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: Practice social distancing at all times.
DON’T COME TO STUDIO IF: You start to exhibit or exhibits any of the following most common or less common COVID symptoms:
- dry cough
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- chest pain or pressure
- loss of speech or movement
If you take a flight of any kind even within Canada, or if you travel outside of the country between 2 weeks before your class or during your course, please self monitor and get tested if possible before coming to our studio.
We ask and urge you strongly that during your time taking class with us, that you reduce your social circles and avoid any potential social activities that could could be of higher risk to yourself, and thereby to your fellow students, instructor and engineer at OTM. Specifically, we ask that you:
- Avoid any gatherings of more than 10 people, especially indoors.
- Avoid take flights during your time at OTM
- Wear your mask in any public indoor spaces as much as possible.
- Use the hand sanitizer at the front door and your own personal hand sanitizer as much as you feel necessary while in the space.