October 23 to October 23, 20211 day, Sat 10:00 AM PDT - Sat 05:00 PM PDT$209.00
Don't know what equipment and computer programs to use in recording your own auditions? Need help with creating and customizing your home studio set up? Or to troubleshoot the issues you're having in your existing home studio? This is the class for you.
This is a workshop for voice-over students and professionals to learn the ins and outs of home recording. The 7 hours of instruction will feature basic sound design, home studio setup, home recording, basic sound editing, and the differences between different types of equipment.
Whether you're already tech savvy or you need a complete crash course in home recording, this workshop will give you a head start on everything you need to do to record quality auditions from home.
This class is capped at 10 students and will be delivered using our online web conferencing system.
Students will learn:
- Fundamental guidelines for creating a space at home for recording sound
- Studio solutions for different budgets
- Microphone types and usages
- What recording equipment voice-over performers will want to own and how to use it
- The basics of using a Digital Audition Workstation (D.A.W)
- Basic recording principles and editing tools.
[Home Studio Setup & Principles of Recording] does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB). As such. The registrar did not review this program.